Pokemon Prism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.A.Qs and Important Information

3 posters

Go down

F.A.Qs and Important Information Empty F.A.Qs and Important Information

Post  Khia Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 am

So 11ths, you've finally joined up and you're wondering... where the hell do I start? Where are the rules? Where did I leave my underwear? I can answer all questions, bar the last one >.>

Q. How do I get my first Pokemon?
A. To adopt your first Pokemon, you must first visit The Auriga Egg Centre, and RP your character asking for a Pokemon egg. You may request any Pokemon you wish, and if I deem it reasonable, you will receive your egg and will be free to begin your Pokemon journey. Please keep in mind that legendary Pokemon are not attainable at this point (since they never lay eggs), and if your Pokemon egg request is thought to be unreasonable, you will be asked to choose another Pokemon. Your egg will hatch not long after you have obtained it (you need to post up your house thread and then RP your egg hatching afterwards in the RP area). There is also a chance that the egg you hatch will contain a shiny Pokemon: I will be using a random number generator to decide. The chances of you hatching a shiny Pokemon (or finding one in the wild) is 1/200. [url=http://www.random.org/]Here[/url] is the random number generator I will be using. When I RP giving you your egg, I'll also give you a number to hold on to. When your egg hatches, I'll use the random number generator to let you know if your egg has hatched a shiny Pokemon.

Q. How are the gender and nature of my Pokemon decided?
A. Your gender is decided by me upon your egg hatching. I flip a coin, with heads being female and tails being male. You may choose the nature of your own Pokemon, since number stats don't play a part in this RP. The nature of your Pokemon has no effect upon battles; if your diglett likes to cause chaos, you may say it has a 'naughty' nature. If your pidgey moves around a lot and refuses to sit still, you may say it has a 'hasty' nature.

Q. How do I level up my Pokemon?
A. Levelling does not occur here as you might expect it to. You will never know the level of your Pokemon. At a certain point in your RP, you will receive a notification from me that your Pokemon is about to evolve, unless you have obtained an evolution stone, or your Pokemon has been given an ever-stone to hold. If you have an evolution stone, you may evolve your Pokemon at a time of your choosing.

Q. What if I want to have a Pokemon Battle?
A. Pokemon battles between members of the 11th will take place as spars usually do, with one change. When you attack, you roll a dice to determine how much damage the attack does upon the opponent's Pokemon. 1 + 2 = Miss, 3 + 4 + 5 = Hit, 6 = Critical Hit. Please keep in mind that certain special attacks will need certain dice (Guillotine, for example, would have a many sided dice with only a very low chance of hitting).

Q. How do I catch wild Pokemon and add them to my Party?
A. To catch wild Pokemon, you must have Pokeballs in your inventory, be in an area where wild Pokemon appear, and RP your character catching that Pokemon. Please be realistic; if you happen to come across a Pokemon that you know has a low catch-rate, please RP as such. For every post you make in a 'numbered' area, you must also roll the dice. To roll the dice, check below a post you're writing and roll both the encounter what appears dice and the is it shiny dice. Each Pokemon has a number, meaning that the maximum number of Pokemon per area is 6. After you have posted, Dice Roll (a bot account) will post straight after you, telling you what numbers you rolled. You then go back and edit your post to RP what happened.

Q. Where do I keep my Trainer Profile?
A. Every member has a small house in Auriga Town. Create your own thread with the following title {Your Character Name}'s House. Your house thread will be where your character profile is kept, though you may use it for other things, such as a personal plog or record of your travels here.

Q. How do my Pokemon learn attacks, and how many attacks can they learn?
A. A Pokemon in your Party may learn any attack they can learn in the games at any time, however the attacks your Pokemon has learnt reflect the approximate level it is at. If you want to learn an attack, VM me requesting that I look over your RP so I can decide whether to approve or disapprove your Pokemon learning whichever attack you want it to learn. As in the games, Pokemon can only learn up to four attacks at a time.

Q. How do I tell how much money I have, and how do I spend it?
A. You gain 50 coins for every post you make, and you gain 100 coins for every thread you make (you won't be able to make threads often), to start with. As you progress to later cities, you will accumulate more coins per post. You MUST keep track of your own amount of coins, and regularly update your quantity of coins in your 'My Trainer' section to the right of any post you make. If you earn 50 coins, add 50 coins. If you then buy a Pokeball, take 200 coins away from your total amount of coins. Simple. Please note that you cannot spend more coins than you currently have, and that you can bet however many coins you wish in Pokemon Battles with other members.

Q. How do I get TMs/HMs?
A. TMs will be found randomly during your RP. I may come to your RP thread and make a post stating that from where a user is stood, they can see something shining in the grass. This is how random items are found too. You may also buy TMs at a store in later cities. HMs, however, will be given away as event prizes, or very, very rarely found in random RP. They cannot be bought, nor can one user give a HM to another. Once you find one, it's yours forever.

Q. How do I trade Pokemon?
A. Simply post in the 'Trading Room' (located at a city further ahead) that you're going to trade one Pokemon to another user for another Pokemon from that user. The person you're trading with then does the same. Simple.

Q. How do I evolve my Pokemon?
A. When you feel the time is right, you may apply to evolve your Pokemon in the 'EvoRoom'. After you have applied, I will take a look over your RP and decide whether your Pokemon is at the right level for it to evolve. Please note that Pokemon requiring evolution stones can be evoled at any time without admin permission, as long as you have the correct stone. For Pokemon that usually require an evolution item, such as steel coat, you simply use the item on the Pokemon as you would an evolution stone. For Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve, please apply for their evolution as though they were a normal Pokemon.

Q. Can wild Pokemon be shiny?
A. Yup, all you do is choose a number between 1 and 225, post it and roll the ''Wild is Shiny?'' dice. If the numbers match up, congratulations, you've found a shiny Pokemon!
Khia
Khia
Admin

My Trainer
Trainer Name: Khia Jinketsu
Party Slots Filled: 4/6
Coins: 200

https://pokemonprism.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

F.A.Qs and Important Information Empty Metronome

Post  Apedoughboy Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:56 pm

I have a question about a certain move, how is Metronome going to work?
Apedoughboy
Apedoughboy

My Trainer
Trainer Name: Jonathan (Jonny)
Party Slots Filled: 0
Coins: 300

Back to top Go down

F.A.Qs and Important Information Empty Hidden Abilities

Post  Muur Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 pm

I was wondering how we'd be going about using Hidden Abilities if at all. Can we include them in the pool of abilities available to choose from for our Pokemon or are they to be ignored?
Muur
Muur
Novice Trainer

My Trainer
Trainer Name: Sam A. Ehll

Back to top Go down

F.A.Qs and Important Information Empty Re: F.A.Qs and Important Information

Post  Khia Tue May 01, 2012 1:35 am

For now, we won't be using them, but they will be introduced shortly. When that happens, your Pokemon will be assigned an ability that it may have at random, to keep things fair. I plan to introduce them fairly early on, whilst people only have 1-2 Pokemon each.
Khia
Khia
Admin

My Trainer
Trainer Name: Khia Jinketsu

https://pokemonprism.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

F.A.Qs and Important Information Empty Re: F.A.Qs and Important Information

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content